One Hack-a-thon is an initiative designed to encourage developers, start-ups, technology students, management students, and technology experts to unite and develop solutions that’ll help combat the pandemics of the future at a global scale.
The purpose of “One Hackathon” is to discover new innovative solutions that can be adopted by the global industries and the creation of new startups. It will also offer the opportunity for developers, designers, entrepreneurs to network, discover, learn and launch an idea within a set number of hours.
Expectations from the hackathon are for participants to build a product, design a business model and provide reasonable next steps for the startups.
The theme of the Hackathon will Include:
- PDS – public distribution system for the poor and needy. This could be around food, medicines or any other basic essential supplies.
- Recognising the frontline warriors that have emerged in the shape of healthcare workers, policemen, government officials and others.
- Blood and organ donations.
- Virtual education platforms/gaming education platforms.
- Open innovations around the handling of pandemics.
Our partner at Vetebra Tech Hub has provided details on each of the themes. Click on any of the themes to read an explanatory post on it.
Application Start Date: 26th June, 2020.
Introductory Webinar: 20th July, 2020 by 5pm
Idea Submission close date: 31st July, 2020.
Hackathon Date: 8th – 9th August, 2020 in Nigeria.
Prizes of the hackathon
- Top teams will have business advisory support from the Hub, access to shared office space.
- AWS up to $10,000 USD for 2 years.
- Chance of getting associated with RAD5 Incubation program.
To register, visit https://incubateind.com/hack/onehack/nigeria
To learn more, visit https://onehack.incubateind.com/